Pages

Monday, August 31, 2015

August 31

This was an email from Jan to Natalie on August 31...

We are flying to Lima tomorrow to get papers for immigration done  it will take all day. They told us to go this morning so we got a taxi and to the airport but when we went to check in it said we fly out tomorrow. So we went to a different store called Wongs. It is a little farther away. They are more like a grocery store and their prices are a little but higher but we were able to buy some frozen lasagna and some Tropicana orange juice. They are kind of expensive but worth it. We went back to the mall after we brought our groceries home and had lunch with the Hartman's. We see them a lot but it was fun to eat with them.   Then we walked around the mall and saw some of the stores we haven't seen before. It was nice to be with your dad. He has been very helpful at getting things like new rugs and moving the ones around just the way I want them to be. I am so happy to be sharing this time with him. While at the mall we saw about 12 missionaries eating ice cream.  Several were Hermanas and almost all if them speak English. We got some ice cream too. It was fun to visit with them and your dad even had fun speaking to them in Spanish. He is very good at it and all the young missionaries think it is so cool he was here 40 years ago. 

I have been studying hard to learn the temple ordinances in Spanish. I have memorized the new name and I almost have the veil memorized. I think that is pretty good for 2 weeks. I will keep working at it. 

The Peruvian sisters are so loving and kind. They always give me a cheek hug and kiss in the air. They really do care about me and even though we can't talk to each other I think we understand the sisterhood we share. It is neat. And I love Pres. and Sis. Casos. They have been very good to us. Pres. Casos asked us to go with him to Stake Conference yesterday because it was at the first church in Trujillo and he knew Wayne served there. It was so kind of him. They even mentioned us and welcomed us as part of the meeting. Wayne said he hasn't felt so important. It was a sweet meeting. 

So this afternoon I cleaned the bathroom and hemmed a new shower curtain by hand. It is hung up and looks much better than the white one.

Give everybody hugs for me. I miss you all but I am happy here. I couldn't want for a nicer place to live and there isn't a better companion in all the world. 

No comments: