Pages

Friday, February 5, 2016

2/5/16

Wayne sent this story to the Haws kids:

I thought this was kind of cool:

Today we officiated in a session in the temple.  We had a small group.  We thought there would be more because a bus had arrived from Piura with about 50 people.

After the session I went out by the recommend desk and one of the couples who had been in the session was sitting on the couch.  After a few minutes I thought I should go talk to him and ask him where he was from.  He was with the group from Piura and was waiting for the group to be baptized.  I said, why don’t they go with me to the baptistery and watch their ward be baptized.  As we entered the little chapel by the font, the coordinator asked me if I could help with confirmations and then he asked the brother who was with me, who had been waiting out by the recommend desk, if he could help do confirmations as well.  It turns out that he is the stake president in Piura.  We went into the confirmation room and I let him do the confirmations.   They had family names from the stake who had been baptized just minutes before and the very first name he confirmed was his wife’s father.  He then proceeded to do many of his family.  He was almost too emotional to do it.  He was so happy.  It was one of those, what do you call it, tender somethings.


And what if I had just left them sitting on the couch.

No comments: