Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Palermo Stake Conference

The last two days have been busy at the temple. It is nice to have a Sunday to go to church.

Wayne took this picture of us before we left for our meeting.


We saw the Hartman's leave about 9:15 this morning and wondered which ward they were going to.  At about 9:30, President Casós invited us to go to the Palermo Stake Conference with them. We were going to it anyway so we rode with them.  When we got to the church, the Hartman's were there.

The meeting was very good. I had a neat experience at the meeting. I don't understand much Spanish. I always listen and try to figure out what is being said, sometimes I get it. This morning was one of those times when the spirit touched me as Pres. Valdivia spoke. He talked about the young man who had just sung a beautiful song, With God, Nothing Is Impossible.  This young man's mother had passed away the week before,  Pres. Valdivia mentioned how this young man might have told them he couldn't sing, and how hard it would be for him to sing.  He sang it beautifully. Pres. Valdivia went on to say how important the temple is and that when we're participating in temple work we help those people who can't do it for themselves.  The spirit touched me and I knew that as I serve in the temple everyday, I am helping others and that's where I should be.

The choir sang two beautiful songs, Our Savior's Love and Love Is Spoken Here.  Both made me cry!  It was a wonderful conference and I enjoyed it.

These are some of the Sisters that sang in the choir: Sis. Quintanilla, Sis, Haro, Sister Valdivia, Kiera, and Sister Meza in front. The light from the windows make this picture not so good but it's all I got.


I made meat loaf (with apple cinnamon oatmeal, by mistake), creamy potatoes and carrots for lunch.  I made this banana cake for our treat.

We have had a great Sunday.



Just a note- James Eardley plays on the Dixie High basketball team.   They won the state 3A championship last night.  James is a senior.

No comments: