Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Aunt Marilyn

Aunt Marilyn
3/31/2020

Today my Aunt Marilyn passed away.  I'm so happy for her!! 
I love her so much!  



When I was little, Marilyn and Norman lived next door to us.  It was so nice to be able to have another mom right next door.  Me and my brothers played together with Lynn and Blake, Kurt and Bart.  We played all day outside, looking for worms, snakes, playing ball, riding bikes, and just having a good time together.  When Kurt was a baby, Marilyn and Norman moved about 6 houses north of us, still on 2700 West.  It was easy for us to go to their house to play or for the Bennington cousins to come to our house to play.  We found a lot of things to do outside.  We pretty much grew up together. 
After Marilyn and Norman moved, Grandma Verlie moved in the Bennington's house next door to us.  It was very convenient for us cousins. We always had a place to go for hugs, cookies or lunch, and we loved to play together.  We played everyday together, from one house to the next.   Some of my favorite memories are playing Burger Bar under the big tree between our house and Grandma's house.  We made mud hamburgers and used empty toilet paper rolls to call the number out when the order was ready.  I also remember riding Grandma's little welsh pony Twister, with the boys in Grandma's pasture.  Catching night crawlers after we'd irrigated at night was lots of fun.  Riding the Schwinn bikes to find pop bottles in the ditches was fun.  We found and played with water snakes in those same big irrigation and drain ditches.

Aunt Marilyn - Mom - Aunt Verleen

I'm so happy my mom and Marilyn were close sisters.  They lived close together their whole lives and were good to each other.  It was really hard for Aunt Marilyn when she had to leave her home in Roy, a place she'd lived for 84 years, to live in Tremonton because she couldn't go up and down stairs to take care of herself.  Marilyn kept saying she wanted to go home and she wanted to be close to my mom. 

 Aunt Marilyn - Aunt Verleen -  Uncle Earl - Uncle Norman 
Mom and Dad 

Aunt Marilyn truly lived a good life and was always making others happy by doing what she new would make them happy.  She loved Norman and supported him in his may adventures of camping, hunting, and fishing.  There was always a deer or two hanging from their carport in the fall.  Pheasant tails in empty shot gun shells were a favorite toy to throw and watch fall to the ground.  Many trout fish were caught and brought home to share.  Marilyn loved her family and it was evident that whatever was important to them was important to her.  She always supported me in whatever I was doing in my life.  She was supportive of my kids, she loved them too.  She loved us all.  

She lived a Christ like life and she will be missed.  I'm so happy for her.   She is finally home, with Norman, her mom and dad and her 4 sisters.  

I love you Aunt Marilyn and I am so thankful for the wonderful life you shared with me.  Your influence is a part of who I am and I am so thankful for the blessing of having you in my life.  
Much Love!
Jan

Such pretty flower our family sent for Marilyn
She loved roses









* * * * *




No comments: