Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Earthquake & Venturing Out


Earthquake in Utah and Today We Ventured Out!
3/18/2020  

Wayne had some Unicad work to this morning, so I watched a movie while he worked.   After I finished the movie, I looked at my phone and there were 88 messages on our family group in. 
There had been a 5.7 earthquake in Utah, around Magna. 


We spent a lot of time texting and talking and wishing we were home.  Everyone was safe! 
Ronald is ok!

Whew!  Glad the treehouse is Okay!


Emily's kids taking apart old stuff making robots.


Filling up gas cans

Tami suffered the most damage, this sign fell and broke.  

Cory put on a record so he could tell when the after shocks occurred.  We heard there were over 100.

Tami Said her toy room looked like an earthquake hit.  
Nothing really got damaged except Tami's Gather sign that fell and broke. 


The earthquake rattled some nerves.  It was so nice to follow family group message feed with all the funny comments and I especially liked the one Danny added from our Prophet.  
It is in the April 2020 Ensign
The Future of The Church: Preparing the World for the Savior's Second Coming. 
It was so comforting to me.  It is so true that we need to "Follow The Prophet, He Knows The Way.

And now because of the Corona Virus, in Utah, all of the kids are out of school and are being home schooled.  The moms are teaching their own kids.  People are hoarding food and Toilet Paper because of the virus. The temples are all closed the schools are closed, no NBA no Soccer, No any sports. Restaurants are closed, you can get food through the drive through.  This seems scary.  



 We needed some milk so Wayne and I headed out to the store..
  

As we walked, I noticed the field with people working.  I think it is so neat when I see people working in the fields like this.  A few weeks ago, these fields were full of corn.  We watched them cut and harvest it, now today they are getting it ready to plant.  They used a small tractor to till the ground up.  These people were getting the weeds and junk out of the ground getting it ready to plant.

The streets are almost empty


You can't see,  but around this roundabout, the police were checking every car that was going across the bridge.    As I took these pictures, Wayne reminded me that I don't need to be seen as a tourist taking pictures so that ended the picture taking.

We made it to the store.  We were able to get a lot of food.  Potatoes, carrots, onions, bananas, Rotisserie chicken, milk, butter, juice, chicken, Chicha Morada, bread, cereal, cookies, rolls, Gatorade, and Sprite.  I've had a pain in my stomach so I hope the Sprite helps it feel better.

When we got out of the store to get a taxi, we had to wait over 30 minutes to even see one.  They were no where to be seen.  We finally got one.  Our taxi driver was nice.  The police checked us when we got back to the round about by the temple, they told us we should be wearing masks but let us go.
We're going to enjoy this time to be together!
Now we have some food that we know is safe, we can be content for a few weeks. 
What an adventure! 




No comments: