Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2020

Sunday

Sunday
2/23/2020

This morning we went with James and Whitney Fenn to their ward.  James was speaking and we wanted to listen to him.  While we were waiting for them to pick us up for the meeting, I took pictures of pictures that hang in the area downstairs where members can wait and relax. Every time we walk through there, I love seeing the beautiful pictures of Christ with the children.  I really like them. So now I can share them here.  The baptism picture is pretty special too.   




Brother Fenn did a great job speaking at sacrament meeting.  he talked about being true to our promises and covenants, a talk Elder Rasband gave in October conference.  I really couldn't understand much of what he said, but I was able to feel his message.  
  
Wayne and James went to Priesthood and I stayed with Whitney and Sister Marsh in Relief Society.  Our lesson was on that same talk.  I followed along on my phone in English.  It is important to mean what we say when we make commitments, promises, and covenants. It is important to do the best we can. It was nice to be in Relief Society with all the beautiful women.  

Sister Marsh, was showing this little girl a picture of herself, her husband, and her dad, President Nelson.  She was trying to help the little girl understand that her dad is President Nelson.  The little girl was trying really hard to figure it out. It was cute.

Elder Hernandez from Pennsylvania and Elder Hansen from Guatemala

James and Whitney have been really good to us.  They are such wonderful people and great examples of Christ like service.  When they are with members and even strangers, they are so friendly and kind and they radiate the spirit.  We love them already and so appreciate their kindness and friendship.  On Wednesday night we went down town with them.  We went to dinner  but didn't make it to the monastery,  so we walked around the plaza and down some of the streets around the plaza.  I was able to find a cute bag to carry my temple clothes in when we go to the temple.

My new temple bag

It rained a little this morning.  This afternoon it has been foggy.

This afternoon, we've been watching the LDS Newsroom videos of the last few years.  We are members of a wonderful church.  The members all over the world all believe in our Savior and are trying to follow His example, just like we are.  I appreciate President Nelson for the kind spirit and his love he shares where ever he ministers to member all over the world. 

I made peach cobbler for a dessert.  I put it in too small of a dish and had to pour it into a bigger one.  It didn't turn out at all. 

Wayne has been reading the book about President Nelson's life. I love that he shares part of it with me. Such a good book about an amazing man.

Tomorrow starts a new week.  The temple is closed for two weeks for cleaning so on Wednesday, Wayne and I are going to fly to Trujillo so see our friends there and go to the temple.  
It will be a good week.



   




No comments: