Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Happy Birthday, to my Mom!

Mom,

I just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday.

You're one of the most amazing people I know and I feel lucky and blessed that you are my mother! I think that the older I get the more I appreciate you. You're an incredible example to me. I am so grateful that you are not only my mom, but also one of my very best friends! You are so sweet and kind. I love that you are always thinking of people and trying to help them. I've always tried to emulate that about you. I'm sure that I could type a novel here about how much you mean to me. I hope you know... I think, more than anything, you are the kind of mother I want to be to my children.

Thank you for always being there for me to talk, cry, and laugh with me. Thank you for all the millions of socks you folded and bottoms you wiped. For the times you rocked me (even when I was much bigger than you). Thank you for all the meals you made (even the ones I complained about) and for all the nights you stayed up sewing, cleaning, and worrying.

I love you more than I can say... thank you for not only being the best mom, but for being MY mom! Happy Birthday, Jannie, I love you!

Love, Em

3 comments:

Tami said...

Mom, I thought about leaving a post for you to tell you Happy Birthday and how much I love and appreciate you but Emily left her post and she said everything that I wanted to say, so DITTO! I love you so much Mom and I love just appreciate you so much. You are the best example to me and I can't believe how much I feel like I rely and depend on you. Happy Birthday!
Tami

Jan Haws said...

Emily, Thanks for the kind thoughts. Tami, you too.

Natalie said...

Ditto Em
Ditto Tam

Love ya, Jannie...

Nat