Pages

Monday, October 26, 2015

Another Week at the Temple

October 26, 2015

Hello everybody!

We have really enjoyed being here and meeting the many Peruvian members who come to do temple work.  This week we worked the afternoon shift.  Each day seems like it is special. I can do everything as a worker in the temple and I have really enjoyed it. Wayne has been great from the start. He is always helping somebody or helping to fill in where ever help is needed. He speaks excellent Spanish, something I wish I'd have learned many years ago.  He is friendly and talks to the people as they show him their recommend. He is just great.

Our week started off with an activity. It was with the couple missionaries. We went on a bus tour. I made a separate blog post about that.


 Tuesday afternoon when we got to the temple, Elder Preece and his parents were there to do a session. They are from Morgan, Utah. Elder Preece shared his testimony in sacrament meeting our second week here. He went home the next day. That was 6 weeks ago. I posted a picture about that earlier on this blog. He was back with his parents to visit. It was fun to meet them and visit.


Wednesday morning as we were getting up, Wayne looked out the window and saw this, (remember we are working afternoons.) These are missionaries from the Trujillo North mission. Immediately Wayne hurried and got dressed in his white clothes and hurried to the temple. I did too but not as fast as Wayne. They had come to do an early session at 7:30 and no one at the temple knew they were coming. Our first session doesn't start until 9:00 so this was a special session. Wayne and I were able to be the officiators for the session. Sister Hartman was there with me too. I was happy for her support. There were 41 missionaries in the session. It was just neat to stand in front of them and see the great army they are as Elders and Sister missionaries hastening the Lord's work.  I loved the spirit I felt.


Friday morning we went to immigration to get our paperwork processed. We need to have cards that say it is ok for us to be in Peru. Elder Heward has been helping us with that. I don't have a picture of that. Sorry.  Also Elder Heward said he would be coming to the temple that night with their council. Wayne was able to help with that.

Saturday the Fackrell's came to the temple. This picture is of them with Pres. Marler talking to some members. Pres. Marler is the mission president. The Fackrell's taught a sister in their area the temple lessons and she received her endowment. I was able to help her with this and it was so sweet. A wonderful spirit. The Fackrell's also helped some young kids from their area do baptisms. It was a busy long day for them.


Sunday was our area conference. We went to the Primavera Stake.  The meeting was very good. I still don't understand Spanish, but I could feel the spirit. Pres. Davila is the stake president (he is in the middle of the picture.) He was a missionary with Wayne here 40 years ago.  He spoke for the first 30 minutes of the conference before the area broadcast. He told his story about going to the temple with his wife. It took them 21 days to get to the temple to be sealed and then back home.  We are so blessed to live close to many temples.


Sister Pineda from New York and Sister Hidalgo from Lima Peru


Elder McEwan from Texas and Elder Cruz from Lima Peru


Sister Pineda and Elder McEwan sang Be Still My Soul at the conference. It was beautiful.

We are so blessed everyday to be a small part of the missionary work. I am so thankful for this time I can spend with Wayne and the beautiful Peruvian people.

Jan Haws

No comments: