Pages

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Last Saturday

Last Saturday In Trujillo

Today is Saturday, the 8th, we had a good day.  Our last Saturday.
These are the pictures from today.

Brother Uceda is our friend.  He was a coordinator in the temple, but has been running the Alberge.

Sister who cook our lunch.  They weren't in the picture we took yesterday.  The young one is Natalie, she told Wayne what he wanted to eat for lunch, one thing we'll remember about her. 

Our last lunch at the comedor

Papa a la Huancaina - some kind of meat - rice - and beans
It's hard to believe we won't eat in the comedor again!


We worked the afternoon shift at the temple.  President Casos asked us to come to his office for an exit interview.  He talked to us for a little while and told us how much he has appreciated us, especially Wayne as he did so many different jobs to help.   He gave us a packet to give to the Stake President and released us.  I worked the shift, but Wayne went home and did some things.

When I finished my shift at the temple, I went to apartment. Wayne had left me a note letting me know he was at our spot in the front of the temple watching the cars go by.  I hurried and changed my clothes and joined him.

We talked, reminisced, and enjoyed the moment.  We both feel a little sad to be leaving such a  beautiful and spiritual place.  We've loved the spirit we feel here at our place we've called home for 23 month.  It has been a happy time but it's also a sad time.  


Huanchaco bus blurrrrr!








It was so nice to enjoy our last time sitting watching the cars, Huanchaco busses, and VW go by.  

 There was a special late temple session, so we both went back to help at the veil, one last time. 


Our days are getting short.  They have gone by almost too quickly. As I finish up today, I'm so grateful for the opportunity to have spent our mission in the temple with Wayne.  We've said it so many times and I'll say it again, "it will never be the same."  

Buenas Noches
Goodnight




No comments: