Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Happy Birthday Shawnee!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAWNEE!!


Dear Shawnee,

I just wanted to take a quick second and wish you a happy birthday. I am so glad to have you as a sister. I used to tease Brady about the girl he'd marry and I am so happy that he found you. You're such a great influence on him and I am so proud of both of you.

I remember back in the old days when you two started dating. It was funny to listen to Brady talk about you. He would come into my room late at night and just sit on my bed. I'd know something was up when he wouldn't leave. He'd just sit there and kind of bounce with a silly grin (you know the one I'm talking about!) He'd ask me questions about things he could/should do and he'd tell me about all his little tricks (like losing games) to get to spend time with you.

Speaking of games... if I had time I'd go hunt up those old Sorry tournament pictures and post them here! ha ha ha! That seems like a million years ago that we did that. I'm glad that I got to know you and spend time with you before I moved off to the other side of the country!

I always feel kind of protective of my younger (I started to type little but decided to change my wording!!) brothers and sisters. I always want them to be happy. I know that you make Brady so happy and I am so grateful for that!

I'm also so proud of you for the things you've accomplished. I'm sure that it gets annoying that we always call you asking about whatever hurts us. You've been a huge help to Johnny while his back has been hurt the last few months. We both really appreciate it a bunch!

You're also so incredibly creative. I am jealous of your digital scrapbooks and am going to copy you as soon as I get a chance to figure it out! Everything you do and make (ie: your cute bag that we sewed) turns out great!!

Shawnee, I hope you have a great birthday. I wish I could send you something fabulous, but know that today (and lots of other days too) I'm thinking about you. I love you. Thanks for being a great sister to me!

Love, Em
(and the rest)

2 comments:

Shawnee said...

Em, wow...thanks. Just so you know you made me cry! But certainly in a good way. I appreciate it! :)

Natalie said...

I also want to add a happy birthday. Shawnee, we are so glad that you are part of our family. Brady loves you so much and so do we. I remember when Brady purposely lost at phase 10 (?) that we knew he really loved you a lot, for Brady to purposely lose at anything must mean that he's pretty head over heals for you. You are so sweet and we love having you around. I hope you have a very happy birthday...
Natalie