Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Why I'm sore...

On Saturday my sister (Crystal) talked me into running this 5k with her. I wasn't a very willing participant, but I did it anyway. The problem with the whole run was that I hadn't run 3 miles since I was a sophomore. I also haven't been running hardly at all lately, so I knew this race would be extremely hard, which it was. Natalie said that I looked pretty funny because she kept seeing people come across the finish line with short shorts, tight shirts and running shoes, and then I came around the corner to the finish line with my huge baggy basketball shorts, and tee shirt, and my 4 year old worn out basketball shoes (that accounts for the hugs blisters on my toes). Needless to say I didn't fit in. But I did finish, and that was my goal. After the race they "randomly" handed out prizes to people and I was lucky enough to get the only pair of running shorts. Coincidence? I think not.


2 comments:

Shawnee said...

Way to go Casey! You are definitely a good sport!

Nick said...

The visual I get with this blog is funny! Good thing you got new shorts! :) Congrats for finishing.