Pages

Monday, December 14, 2015

Fireside

Hello everyone from Peru!
Feliz Navidad!
This is our cute Christmas Tree!


My last post commented on the events of each day. I stopped on Friday, so now I will finish the week.

Friday night Wayne and I were asked to speak at a fireside for the YM and YW but the whole ward was invited. We were asked to talk about the temple for about 20 minutes. We didn't know to expect.  Since I am a simple person, I prepared my talk around the song, "I Love To See The Temple."  I really like this song because it simply says what we do in the temple and why. I incorporated Proverbs 3:5-6 into it and encouraged the kids to have faith and trust The Lord, and to live worthy to go inside the temple and receive the wonderful blessings.

This picture is of the congregation. That is Elder Wright from Arizona pointing.


Because I don't speak Spanish well enough to give a talk in Spanish, Wayne stood by me and as I gave my talk in English, he gave it in Spanish. It took about 5 minutes but I think it was good. I felt the spirit and it looked like they were paying attention. I sat down after my part and Wayne talked for about 5 more minutes.  I don't know what he said but the spirit was there. I think he did a great job.  Brother and Sister Gomez spoke,too, they took about 35 minutes.  Bishop Guzman spoke and the YW sang "You Are The Temple of God by Janice Kapp Perry. It was a good meeting.

Wayne wore his new suit. He looks very handsome!


After the meeting we went in a classroom and they served us a chicken salad on yummy roll, I really liked them. The hot drink was different.


Our friends Gilda and Carmen Leon were the first ones we saw when we got to the church. We greeted each other with the warmest, biggest, loving hugs ever. It was great!  Gilda told one of the girls about Elder Jaden Mecham baptizing her and and she told her I babysat Elder Mecham. This girl spoke great Spanish so that was very fun. We saw a lot of our temple workers there too. We had a great time!

(Gilda, Jan, Wayne, Bro. and Sis. Gomez, Sister Morenos)


(?, Bishop Guzman, Gomez's, Us, Bro. Bustamonte)


(Gilda, Paola, Sis. Morenos, Sister and Brother Gomez, Us, Young Women)


No comments: