Pages

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Saturday Is A Special Day It's The Day We Get Ready For Sunday * General Women's Broadcast




Saturday Is A Special Day It's The Day We Get Ready For Sunday 
March 25, 2017

This morning Wayne and I went to the temple to open up at 6:45 am until about 8:30 am.  We were going to stay if they need our help, but there were enough workers, so we were able to go home.  Since tonight was the General Women's Broadcast,  the temple closed at 1:00 pm.  Without any obligations, we decided to go to the mall.  We arrive at about 10:30 am to see if Tottus had any sugar, butter and eggs.  

This is what the shelves looked like in the store, kind of bare.  

This is the isle with oil.  They still have some.

The cookie isle, Tuesday they were totally empty. 

Canned peaches are all gone!  Still some canned pineapple though

All the mops are gone 

No tuna fish

Looking down the pasta isle

Rice and beans isle

Hooray!! they did have some Gloria Butter which we were hoping to get.

The cooler with the yogurt  Pretty empty.  Only some Dan Lac yogurt they just put on the shelf.

The produce is slowly coming back, but still very empty.  


I tried to get a picture of the pallets and sand bags they have to keep the water from going down into Sodimac.  It almost looks like two missionaries walking on the right side of the picture.


The rest of these pictures are of the street on way back to the temple.

Add caption










We were able to get what we needed.  We are so blessed.  

We brought the groceries home and had a good afternoon catching up on things.  We went back to the mall at about 5:00 pm and ate dinner at Chili's.  It was nice to go back there, it was really good.

* * * * * * * *

Tonight was the General Women's Broadcast.

Wayne and I were able to watch the broadcast on BYU TV which was so nice.  I especially liked the first talk by Sister Bonnie H Cordon.  Proverbs 3:5-6 has been a favorite scripture for me.  I loved her explanation of it.  I am so grateful I can have faith to trust my Heavenly Father.   I know he knows what's best for me.  President Eyering's talk about the Comforter was sweet.  President Eyering is a special speaker for us.   It was an uplifting meeting and I'm so glad i was able to watch it with Wayne.

I'm so grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I know this is the true church on the earth today.  President Monson is our living prophet and Joseph Smith was the prophet of the restoration.  Jesus Christ is our Savior, he loves us and is always there for us.  This is his church, he is in charge and I'm so thankful to be serving with Wayne as a temple missionary here in Trujillo. We are the ones who are being blessed for our service.  

   

No comments: