Pages

Monday, March 27, 2017

Back to Normal? * Chicken Fired Chicken * Pinkberry




Today is Chicken Fried Chicken Monday! 

Things are getting a little back to normal around Trujillo.  There is still a lot of cleaning up to do, but around the temple grounds it is business as usual and beautiful as usual.  

When I looked out the window to see what was going on outside this morning, I saw this going on.
While the temple was closed, one of the last things they did was use a concrete paint to make the walks look like new.  The only thing I can think of is that they made these wood barriers to keep the grass from getting on the new walks.  I guess it's easier to sweep the wood than to blow the walks clean with a leaf blower. It does look nice though.






Wayne and I filled the empty water bottles he picked up from the missionaries last week and sister Marble came to pick them up since were back at the temple.  They will get them back to the missionaries.  I was hoping we could go take them back to the different areas, but Wayne saw it all last week and keeps reminding me that I really don't want to go there.  He keeps protecting me from the poor situations around here.  I love him for that.  I guess I'll just have to be content. 


We really haven't ventured out much since we got back and the huayco happened.  We decided to go to the mall to see what was happening.  We went went to Chili's for our usual Monday lunch and were so glad they were open.  It was good to see people around the mall, a few were actually shopping.  We shared a Chicken Fired Chicken meal, saving room for dessert from Pinkberry.





We both had the Mango - Maracuya  It was delicious!  I had nuts and little brownies with mine. 
I really enjoyed the flavors.  We'll stop again for this yummy treat.  Thanks Pinkberry! 


We always look around the food court to see if there are any missionaries.  We didn't see any but we did see the La Lucha Sanguchera Criolla was open.  It looks like a nice sandwich and juice shop.  We'll try it out and let you know if it's good.  




We're back at our apartment.  I'm going to crochet and Wayne is reading his dad's life history book.  

Things are good in Trujillo!









No comments: