Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

My View * Hospedaje * Uncle Noman Passed Away



* * * My View * * *

When I wake up in the morning, I always look out the window.  This is my view out the window from our bed.  I'm not sure if I think it might be raining, which it never does, or if it might still be dark.  Anyway, I took this picture as a reminder of my view out the window each morning.


* * * Hospedaje * * *

This morning Wayne and I served in the temple and enjoyed being there. Our morning shift starts at 6:45 am until 1:30 pm.  We  have been asked to help on Tuesday afternoons from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm in the Hospedaje.  So as soon as we got through with the temple, we hurried and ate lunch then we helped at the Hospedaje.  Wayne sits at the desk and answers the phone, helps people get lockers to store their luggage and backpacks while they go to the temple, and he helps them check in and out of the rooms they stay in.  I am responsible to make sure the laundry is all washed, folded, and ironed, yes I said ironed.  We iron the top sheets and the pillowcases.   After I'm finished with the laundry, I sit at the desk with Wayne.  It's so fun to hear him speak Spanish to the people here.  I can see the love he has for them and has had for the last 40 years.

This is the laundry set up.
The counter is the ironing board.






Out the window of the laundry room, the sky was beautiful and you can see the cemetery which is next to the temple and hospedaje.  



These next pictures are of Miguel and Suzie LaSerna's little boys.  Samir is the oldest and James is the youngest.  They were watching the movie in the waiting area of the Hospedaje while they waited for their mom to pick them up. Miguel works in the laundry in the temple. I took the iPad and let them watch a Spanish cartoon.  It was fun to be with little people and fun to listen to them laugh.  We love these boys.  



*** Insert Video***

We had a good day in the temple and also helping in the Hospedaje.  It's nice to be able to share with these wonderful members of Trujillo.  

* * * Uncle Norman * * * 

My Uncle Norman passed away this morning.  He was a wonderful man!  I'm so thankful that we are going home while the temple is closed.  His funeral will probably be the weekend we get home.  



No comments: