Pages

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Via Del Mar Ward May 14, 2017 Mother's Day



Via Del Mar Ward
May 14, 2017
Mother's Day

Image result for mother's day

Today we went to the Via del Mar ward.  We arrived way too early, actually about 15 minutes.  The chapel wasn't open so we walked around and I took these pictures of what is outside the church grounds. 








This sister visits the temple a lot.  Her right hand doesn't work very well, but she is amazing at what she can do.  

We talked to these cute missionaries as we waited for the meeting to start.
Sister McNamara and Sister Soldevilla

Sister Tyacke and her companion are missionaries in the Los Cedros ward.  They are always happy to see us and so full of energy.  

After two sacrament meetings, we decided to walk home.  These are some pictures I took  along the way.
Look Sandy!

Slug Bug White

Mother's Day flowers

As we knew it would be, the street to the temple was very crowded because it's Mother's Day and the temple is next to the Parque Eterno Cemetary.  Peruvians are very faithful at taking flowers to heir loved ones and especially on Mother's Day.  There were flower vendors lined up all sown the street hoping to sell a lot of flowers today.  

This is what we saw as we walked toward the temple. 




Peter and Debbie also walked home from sacrament meeting.  They took a different route, but we met up with them on the corner before the temple.  

Peter picking up garbage.

Debbie amazed at all the people, cars and flower vendors


We had an enjoyable afternoon.  It was very relaxed and we were able to talk to our kid.
I am so blessed to be a mother.  I sometimes don't realize what a great blessing is is to be a mother of such great kids.  Wayne and I are so blessed by the great people our children have become.  They are all great and there aren't words to describe how much I love them.  They have always been a joy to me.  39 years ago, I had no idea what being a mom would involve, but I'm so glad my Heavenly Father trusted me and Wayne to grow up with each one of them  They are all unique in their own way, but the same in many.  My heart is full and I feel so very blessed.   

 Happy Mother's Day Mom!

I can't let this day go by without talking about my sweet mom.  I was able to call and talk to her today.  She is one of a kind.  She has taught me to be who I am today and I am so glad she was always there to be my mom.  She has been so good to me and I love her more than words can tell. 

Happy Mother's Day Marie!
Marie is also a good one.  I love her for raising such a great son for me to marry.  She has also taught me a lot of things.  I'll always cherish the years I was able to help her with so many things. I love you Marie.


No comments: