Pages

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas






Oh the magic of Christmas and Christmas morning!

It Was a White Christmas In Utah!


 I wish I could be there to see the Christmas lights glowing and glittering in the fresh fallen snow!



I love Christmas!  It has been an enjoyable day.  Wayne and I went to the California Ward for Sacrament Meeting which we thought started at 10:00 am.  We arrived at about 9:30 am and the ward before was meeting so we went in and sat in the back.  We didn't know that the wards met 1 hour earlier than usual for Christmas Sunday.  This made it possible for us to attend two sacrament meetings.  

Sister Ramache and Sister Hardcastle, she's from Draper

Elders Leon and Mead

  We always feel at home when we visit the California ward.  We know a lot of people here and we feel at home.  

These four Sister missionaries sang Silent Night and it was beautiful!

Sisters Wright, Sellan, Gallardo, and Farar

These are just some pictures of the ward members after the meeting.




Pedro and his family.

Lunch


We bought ourselves Monopoly Peru.  We played it for most of the afternoon, reading it all in Spanish and using soles was fun.  It will be a great keepsake.   


We had fun talking to all of the kids and sharing the day with them.  I'm so grateful for modern electronic technology that makes it so easy to be close to our kids.

I'm thankful for this Christmas!  This year will be one we will remember and cherish as we shared it together serving our mission in the Trujillo Temple.  Wayne and I have been very blessed and are so grateful for a Heavenly Father who loves us.

I have always liked Charlie Brown and I like the rendition of the true meaning of Christmas by Linus.  I am thankful for the birth of our Savior, and for the Easter morn he arose and completed His purpose for being born that Christmas night in Bethlehem.  His love is never ending and He is always there for us, we just need have room for Him in our lives.





2016




1 comment:

Dawn said...

Larry was just asking about you guys on Christmas. I told him you were still out because sometimes I check your blog. I'm happy you are doing well. You are thought of and missed. But....soon you will return and everything will continue on. Love you both!
Larry and Dawn ☺