Pages

Monday, September 3, 2007

Cory Wayne Barrett Haws

Hey Cory,
I know Tami already posted about your birthday and I could have just posted a comment, but I wanted to put up a couple pictures of you. I wish that I were at Jan and Wayne's house and I'd get some of the ones when you were little. Or I'd hunt down a picture of your fro... I guess ones of you when you are big will have to do!

So when I think about you as a little kid I think about a BLONDE, BLONDE little boy with a red Kool-aid mustache and a mischievous little grin on your face. You have always been so sweet and so observant. I always remember you quietly in the background watching and figuring out what was going on.

I also remember you making me laugh. You can always make me laugh. I remember when Dad had to invoke the 5 second? waiting rule on jokes at dinner because you were always stealing his material! :)

And now as I think of you all grown up I think about how thoughtful you are.You call me out of the blue just to say hi and you always think of sweet things to say or do. (I think we owe a little of this to your sweet Milli rubbing off on you, but always were a sweet kid!) It is weird to think of my little brother being a grown up. I always feel like I need to take care of all of you guys (which I know is incredibly annoying) but I was the only one who got to be there to watch you all come home from the hospital and hold you and love you from the beginning.

I could go on and on about memories and stories, but I really just want you to know how much I love you, Cory Wayne Barrett Haws, and that I m proud of you. I know you are a good man and a good husband. You're also a good brother and a great friend! I love you!

Love, Em & the gang



2 comments:

Nick said...

Wow Emily... your birthday message was way sweeter than mine. Oh well...
Happy Birthday again Cory!
Tam

Casey said...

A little late, but happy birthday cory!