Pages

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Jardines Ward




Sunday 4/23/2017

Jardines Ward

We are always sop happy for Sunday to come around.  We enjoy being in the temple, but it is nice to have a break from it once in a while too.  Wayne and I go to a different ward each week.  this week we went to Jardines.  This is the Tirado's ward, so we thought it would be fun to go there this week and we haven't been there for a while.  

I took these pictures along the way.  It is so dusty and dirty from the dirt that was left behind after the Huayco.  The streets are still tron up and very rough and dirty which adds to the dirty.  I tried to get pictures of it but you can't see it very well.  









These young men were at the church when we arrived.  they had prepared the sacrament and were waiting for the meeting to start.  They greeted us and talked to Wayne for a little bit.  They just seemed like really good kids.  Future missionaries!

The meeting started at 10:00 am so it was at a good time.  We arrived a little early and I couldn't believe the dust and dirt all around the church.  This chapel got flooded when the Huayco s came.  it was clean inside but around the church grounds was very dusty and dirty.  It was hard on my contacts with so much dust flying around.  We chose to go to this ward because we wanted to share the meeting with the Tirado's, and Sanders. It was a good meeting, Jessica sang I Stand All Amazed and her dad played for her.  This is one of my favorite songs in Spanish because I've memorized some of the words in the chorus.  Jessica sang beautifully and her father was amazing on the piano.  We enjoyed the meeting.  

I didn't get any pictures.  I figured I'd taken a lot of the Sanders and Tirado's at the wedding.  What I didn't know is we really didn't get a good picture of Jessica with her parents, which I guess is ok.  

Elder Walker from Highland, Utah

It was fun to talk to him.  He seemed so happy to visit with us, it was almost like he was feeling a little at home with us.  He was there with an investigator and his companion kind of got left to help the investigator because he was talking to us and the Sanders. 

We left this ward and went to the Palermo church, we waited there until it was time to go to Brother and Sister Alva's for lunch at 12:30 pm.  While we were there, we saw these missionaries and had to take their pictures.  



Elder Choque and Elder Near
Elder Peterson and Elder Apaja


Next post will be lunch with the Alva's

No comments: