Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

100th Birthday * Temple Pictures * Mamma's Pizza

Happy 100th Birthday Barrett!

Barrett and Marie Haws


Today would have been Barrett's 100th birthday.  He was 68 when he died and has been gone for 32 years.  I think about all the grand children and great grandchildren he never met.  Today Natalie did a post on Instagram for his birthday.

"Today would have been my Grandpa Barrett's 100th birthday.  He died before I was born.  He has left a great legacy, and I'm grateful for him, raising good boys like my dad.  I've always felt cheated because I didn't get to know him in this life, but I know that one day I'll get to know him.  Until then, I hope he would be proud of me-of all of us, and what we have done with his name."

Well said Natalie!  We love you Barrett!


This afternoon, Sister Ripple asked me to walk with her to the mall to get a few groceries.  It was a nice walk and I was able to get to know her a little bit better.  As we walked down the street just parallel to Manciche, there was a little field with cows eating corn.  It was just funny.


                       Wayne took these pictures while I was gone.
Derek and Dillon, the twins from Buenos Aries ward.

Twins with their Mom and Dad

















When I got home from the store, we went to Mamma's Pizza to celebrate Barrett's 100th Birthday today.




Garlic Bread

The leftover pizza.  The Calzones got eaten before we took the picture. 




We had Pizza and we shared a Calzone.  They were both delicious!

We're glad we found this place for pizza.  Thanks to some sister missionaries who suggested it several months ago.  

It's been a good day!

No comments: